Events & Workshops
Rivers Alive River Clean-ups 2017 –
October 7: Etowah River Clean-up will start at 180 McClure St. Canton, which is next to the American Legion and the fairgrounds. The event will begin at 9 am. Come earlier to socialize and get a t-shirt. We will be collecting trash throughout the City of Canton along the river.
- Wear clothes that will protect from insects poison ivy and briars, close-toed shoes. Bring gloves, hat, sun screen for the work.
- We will have sunscreen too.
- We will be serving morning snacks, coffee, water and lunch. The lunch will begin at noon.
- All of this takes place at the Upper Etowah River Alliance Office. From there, everyone will branch out to different areas around the City. There will be maps.
- Contact email@example.com with questions and to let us know you’ll be coming.
October 14: Little River Clean-up will start at Old Rope Mill Park which is at 690 Old Rope Mill Park Rd., Woodstock, Ga. Join the Cherokee Water and Sewerage Authority and the Upper Etowah River Alliance at 9 am to clean up the park, its trails and the river banks.
- Bring your own boat or reserve it from Murphssurf.com. Rentals are free for this event.
- There will be light breakfast items, coffee, water and lunch after.
- Bring your water bottles, hat, gloves and wear clothes that will protect you from insects, briars and poison ivy.
- Contact Lori at brenaucrew@hotmail with questions or to let us know you’ll be coming.
Contact us to schedule local workshops.
We are planning Fall hiking and paddling trips after a year’s hiatus. Watch this site for information as soon as we get dates planned.